Join the revolution bitches

Monday, September 26, 2005

Prince sightings in Candyland

Summer in the Bay Area is dwindeling away and people are packing these last few weekends with tons of events. I had just jumped off bart on my way to catch some footage of an anti-war demonstration (more on that later) when I found myself smack in the middle of the 2005 San Francisco Loveparade. A giant rave had manifested in the early afternoon rigth in front of San Francisco's city hall building. Yeah,yeah those close to me know my feeling on raves and ravers so no need for me to go off on a tirade about it. But if you must know and want to see some funny pics as well check out the homie Big Max , his latest blog is the companion piece to this one. Anyway after about a half an hour of wandering around the perimeter of the event people watching, from out of the corner of my eye in the bed of a pickup truck I recognize none other than Prince Paul of Stetsasonic/De La Soul/Grave Diggaz/Handsomeboy Modeling School fame (and then some). It was kind surreal being so close and watching him play but then I noticed he was playing songs using two cd dj turntables. I wasnt quite sure what to make of it but I guess it you're going get paid to play cds then you go play cds and get paid. Heres some footage of Paul droppin some classics on the hippies of the new millenium. Get yo paper Paul!










Once again you're gonna need Quicktime to view the video. But if for some reason the video wont play you can download it here. Most feedback from Mac users all good but it seems as though PC users are about 50/50 when it comes to seeing the videos on my page. If you know how I can solve this problem please let me know. Thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Goldsmith said...

Real nice soundz . . . wish I coulda been there for the party. Just chillin up here in Vancouver. I've been working out with some video experimentation too. I will follow your 'lowrez' site. Peace!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get
Stoopid - Free Bay Area Mp3